Looking for a vacation that's both eco-friendly and fun? Look no further than Laguna Beach, where you can enjoy a range of sustainable activities and experiences.
- Check into The Ranch at Laguna Beach, a sustainable hotel nestled in the beautiful canyon. This hotel has been certified by the California Green Lodging Program and features a range of eco-friendly amenities, such as electric vehicle charging stations, organic bedding, and low-flow showerheads.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast made with organic and locally-sourced ingredients at Zinc Cafe & Market.
- After breakfast, head to Ritual Refill, a zero-waste store located just a short trolley ride away from breakfast. Here, you can stock up on all your daily essentials, from sunscreen to shampoo and conditioner, all without any plastic waste.
- Stop next door at Mercado Laguna, a gourmet market that offers a variety of locally made snacks and locally ready made meals such as salads & sandwiches. This is the perfect place to get a grab-and-go lunch to enjoy with you at your next stop.
- Spend the afternoon relaxing at Crescent Bay Beach. This beach offers stunning views of the ocean and coastline, making it a great spot for relaxation and exploration. While you're there, keep your eyes peeled for a volunteer tidepool docent with Laguna Ocean Foundation. These docents emphasize the importance of responsible tidepooling practices, such as not touching or removing any animals or plants, as well as leaving no trash behind.
- In the evening, head back to your hotel and grab dinner at The Harvest Restaurant, located at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. The restaurant sources its ingredients VERY locally, as they have an on-location farm, and they offer a range of sustainable and vegetarian options. Don't forget to indulge in their farm-to-table cocktails, which are made with fresh herbs and fruits.
- Start the day with a sustainable breakfast at The Stand Natural Foods, a locally loved health food spot, offering a variety of organic and non-GMO products, as well as a deli with made-to-order vegetarian and vegan food options.
- After breakfast, take on a hike in Laguna Coast Wilderness Park, which is just a short drive from The Ranch at Laguna Beach. This 7,000-acre park features over 40 miles of trails and offers stunning views of the coastline and surrounding hills.
- Next, visit our local sea critters at Pacific Marine Mammal Center, where they rescue, rehabilitate, and release marine mammals and inspire ocean stewardship through research, education, and collaboration.
- After that, head back to downtown Laguna Beach and stop by Roots the Beauty Underground. This store offers a range of natural and organic beauty products, making it the only all natural/clean beauty store in Orange County.
- In the afternoon, head back to downtown Laguna Beach and try out one of the many farm-to-table restaurants in the area, such as The Deck or AhbA.
- Enjoy a breakfast at Kitchen in the Canyon, a cafe that sources ingredients from local farms.
- Next, stop by Eco Now, a sustainable fashion store located in downtown Laguna Beach. Browse their collection of eco-friendly clothing and accessories made from recycled materials and sustainable fabrics. You can also find a range of zero-waste products, such as reusable straws and water bottles.
- After checking out of your hotel, enjoy a relaxing spa experience at Sycamore Spa by Hudson before your travel day back home. They offer a variety of spa treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps, all of which use organic, locally sourced ingredients that are sustainable and eco-friendly. The spa also features a rooftop garden where guests can relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding area, adding to the overall sustainable and earth-friendly atmosphere of the space.
Take the Trolley
Once you park, stay parked! Save gas by using The City of Laguna Beach FREE trolleys that travel through the canyon (with access to all of the art festivals) and to North and South Laguna. You can beach hop from beach to beach to see a few (or a bunch) of our 30 beaches and coves. Or, use the trolley to explore each district in town; Gallery Row to the North, the downtown village, the HIP District, and south Laguna restaurants and boutiques. Make it easy to maximize your time in our coastal paradise and download The Trolley Tracker App to view the live trolley tracker to know when and where the trolley arrives.
Leave No Trace
Remember to follow our six Leave No Trace principles when visiting Laguna Beach:
- Know Before You Go
- Stick To The Trails And Sand
- Dispose Of Trash Properly
- Leave It As You Find It
- Respect Wildlife And Sealife
- Be Considerate Of Others On Beaches And Trails