San Diego to Laguna Beach
Traveling from San Diego without a car? No problem!
Laguna Beach is a short train ride away from San Diego, with the closest train station being in San Juan Capistrano, located at 26701 Verdugo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. Check out Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner route, connecting San Diego all the way up north to San San Luis Obispo.
Traveling from San Diego to San Juan Capistrano
You can take the Amtrak train from either of the two stations that are located in San Diego and get off at the San Juan Capistrano Station.
- (OLT): 4005 Taylor St., San Diego
- (SAN): 1050 Kettner Blvd. #1, San Diego
Traveling from San Juan Capistrano to Laguna Beach
- Uber - Uber is an app that connects you with a driver at the push of a button. Download the Uber app and enter the code VISITLAGUNABEACH and you will receive your first ride free up to $20.
- Taxi - If you prefer taking a taxi, it is approximately 13 miles to travel from the San Juan Capistrano station to Laguna Beach. An fare would be about $35-$40, but this varies depending on traffic and final destination.
- Bus - A third option would be to take the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA). An estimated bus fare would be about $4/person; however it could take up to 1.5 hours to arrive in Laguna Beach.For more information, or assistance with a bus schedule, you can reach their customer service at (714) 560-6282.
Need further assistance?
Our Visitors Center is open seven days a week, from 10am-5pm. Call (949) 497-9229 and speak with one of helpful concierges to get more information on traveling to Laguna Beach.