Visit Laguna Beach customizes press trips to give credentialed journalists a first-hand experience of all that Laguna Beach, CA has to offer. Individual press trips allow for a customized itinerary based on a journalist's interests and story angle.
Visit Laguna Beach is happy to assist with story ideas, information and recommendations, as well as coordinating suggested itineraries. Please be aware that all arrangements provided through Visit Laguna Beach and its partners are subject to availability and the interest of each partner.
Please allow at least 5-6 weeks advance notice for media hosting and itinerary assistance. Blackout periods may be experienced throughout the year, in which a press rate may be suggested, especially for hotel accommodations. If you cannot provide the minimum advanced notice, we will assist you as much as possible and may refer you directly to our partners where appropriate.
- To qualify for assistance, journalists must complete the form below, and submit 4-5 samples of recent travel clips within the past 12 months, along with a letter of assignment from your editor/publisher/news director, and their contact information. If you are a journalist returning to Laguna Beach, please include clips produced from the last hosted or supported visit. If your story has yet to be published/broadcast, please explain the circumstances.
- Please include details on the demographics, circulation and scheduled print date for your assigned publication or information on those to whom you will be pitching.
- Indicate if your article will include mention of partners' services or if it is a destination-specific piece.
- Please be as specific as possible with your request and include suggested arrival and departure dates and, if possible, alternate dates. Indicate if you need accommodations, admission to attractions, and/or an itinerary.
- Please send original or legible copies of any resulting articles to: Visit Laguna Beach, Attn: Ashley Johnson, 361 Forest Avenue, #200, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to share with your hosts. We will be unable to assist with future requests from journalists who fail to provide us with resulting coverage clips.
- Visit Laguna Beach does not provide complimentary airfare, due to the size of the Bureau.
In general, Visit Laguna Beach will not ask partners to consider offering complimentary hotel accommodations to qualified media for more than two nights. Hotel accommodation requests, as well as hosted meals, ground transportation, guides, etc., are up to the discretion of Visit Laguna Beach.
Visit Laguna Beach cannot guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations, especially during peak holidays, major events and high season periods. In general, summer (July-August) is the high season, especially weekends. Peak holidays include: New Year's Eve/Day, Easter/Passover, Memorial Day Weekend (end-of-May), Fourth of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend (early September), Thanksgiving (3rd week in November) and Christmas.
Visit Laguna Beach cannot provide assistance for personal traveling companions. Comping for guests is up to the hotel, restaurant and attraction partners' discretion.
Visit Laguna Beach does not negotiate advertising trade-out agreements with industry partners.
NOTE: Visit Laguna Beach is happy to assist global media with their coverage of Laguna Beach, CA. Each year we assist many journalists researching stories on the quaint, artistic town of Laguna Beach. However, Visit Laguna Beach reserves the right to deny service to any reporter who fails to meet the above requirements or conduct business in a professional manner. Thank you for your understanding.
Further questions and inquiries may be directed to:
Visit Laguna Beach
Ashley Johnson, CDME
Director, Brand Marketing & Communications